I have heard a lot of praise for the LULU Mall in Kochi. However I have more gripes than compliments for the Mall.
- Its a big Mall, but no bigger than your average sized Mall in a first world country
- The sales personnel in high end shops are snooty and snobbish
- If you pay the bill, you have to walk out of the Hyper Mart. I have never had anyone do that to me before (my grandma got lost in the shop and I had to go back for her, and low and behold I was forbidden). DUH!!!! the bill “Stupid” is the proof of purchase
- The men’s rest room was sub par in cleanliness. I could smell the urine as I walked in (4.5/10 for me). I personally expect the restrooms to be the cleanliest place in any establishment, if they happened to offer it to their customers
- Lastly the kicker, after spending money on food and accessories in the Mall, I had to fork up an additional 40 for parking fees. That did it for me.
GOODBYE LULU….. I WILL NEVER STEP FOOT IN YOUR FINE ESTABLISHMENT EVER AGAIN, I.E. UNTIL YOU COME UP WITH A MORE SUSTAINABLE SHOPPING EXPERIENCE!!!!
I hope Malls like these wont litter the Kerala Landscape. I would much rather prefer the local fish monger, butcher, promote the local business’ and preserve our rustic way of life.