1 Praise the Lord, my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
2 Praise the Lord, my soul,
and forget not all his benefits—
3 who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,
4 who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,
5 who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
Psalm 103 1-5
- Man was made to praise God with his thoughts, words and actions, in essence with all that you are. The thought might cross your mind, why does GOD need so much praise? Is he so full of himself? Can’t he not live without our praises?
- The answer is quiet simple, We praise him, because we get too many benefits from him, literally everything that we have, we receive it from him. So we praise him, because we cannot contain it. (If we can truly recognize the love and the tender mercies that we receive from him.)
- Sin and decease go hand in hand. Sin is the cause, while disease is the effect. You might think, what did I do to receive cancer or what did my unborn baby do to receive a congenital disease? Sometimes it happens to bring about God’s glory (Ex. think Nick Vujicic) or maybe it’s the result of our collective sins. You see if every Christian decided to contribute money or resources to eradicate hunger or famine, then no one would have to experience it.
- When your life is in the pits, it’s almost always because we allow sin in our lives. Sin causes disease, it also causes us to hate ourselves. It causes us to loose perspective. It causes depression, poverty, life in prison etc. but thank GOD, he will forgive us our sins. Not only that, he will anoint us with the balm of love and compassion. He will teach us to forgive ourselves and receive the grace of GOD. God’s love and compassion will lift our spirit from the pit that we condemn ourselves
- All of the ungodly desires which caused us to sin, he will replace it with godly desires and he will fill it until it overflows. We are afraid to grow old and die but with God on our side, no matter how old we are, we will look forward to a new day with great hope, we will not be afraid to die, because it will only bring us closer to GOD. When the desires of our heart is aligned to God, he will meet all of our needs, it will be replenished daily and we will fly like an eagle no matter how old we are