This is my new favouite Linux Distro. Watch the video
WordPress usage and popularity
- WORDPRESS RUNS 4.5% OF THE ENTIRE INTERNET. 
- 50-60% is WordPress’ share of the global CMS market – making it the most popular CMS of them all. 
- New York Observer, New York Post, TED, Thought Catalog, Williams, USA Today, CNN, Fortune.com, TIME.com, National Post, Spotify, TechCrunch, CBS Local, NBC all use WordPress. 
- 17 posts are published every second on WordPress sites around the world. 
- 37 million global Google searches for “WordPress” are made per month. 
- 8% of the top 100 blogs according to Technorati are managed with WordPress. 
- 2,645 of the top 10k websites on the web use WordPress. 
- 22,111 of the top 100k websites use WordPress. 
- 297,629 of the top 1M websites use WordPress. 
In 2014, non-English WordPress downloads surpassed English downloads for the first time. 22% of new domains in the US are run with WordPress. WordPress as a CMS (47%) is nearly 12 times more popular than Drupal (4%) in India.
Effective Schema Design
- The Schema Plays an important role in tuning joins
- Choose data types for all primary and unique keys carefully, and remain consistent through out the schema
- If you primary key column is varchar2(100), such a primary key is expensive because the large key must be carried in every referencing table, and also because Oracle bust compare long strings when performing a join
- Create Index where necessary and if possible try to create indexes on multiple columns
- Normalize your tables , so that there is not a lot of redundancy
- Put necessary constraints on the table so that you have the right data.
Invalid Optimizer Statistics
- Statistics are used by the optimizer to come up with a good execution plan
- Sometimes optimizer statistics might be stale or missing
The statistics may not always be accurate because the size of the table might have changed from a few 100k rows to a few million rows. There fore statistics should be periodically collected and be made as part of the database maintenance routines.
A hint is an instruction passed to the optimizer through comments in an SQL statement. Hints enable you to make decisions normally made automatically by the optimizer.